Press Release – 20 February 2017: Keynote speakers from Google and Microsoft will talk Daydream and Hololens at the AR, VR & MXR Show next month. Co-located with the fourth Wearable Technology Show, the event takes place at ExCeL London on 7-8 March.
Keynote speakers include:
- Opening Keynote: Daydreaming with Google – Greg Ivanov, Business and Content Development, Google Daydream
- HoloLens: The Path to Mixed Reality – Peter Daukintis, Technical Evangelist, Microsoft
- Keynote: 360/VR & Merged/Mixed Reality – Christopher Nundy, Innovation Manager, BBC
- Importance of “Reality” in Mixed Reality – Jason Yim,President and ECD, Trigger – The Mixed Reality Agency
As well as insightful speakers and panels discussions, the exhibitions showcase some exclusive global and UK launches of the most innovative products. Some of these products include:
- UK Debut EPSON Moverio BT-350 – Moverio BT-350 is the newest product to join the Moverio family bringing museums and other visitor attractions to life through AR
- Global Launch – seeForm MR technology – Brand new MR technology from London-based digital arts studio seeper with exciting applications for brands and public venues and spaces, such as museums. www.seeper.com
- European Launch – Optinvent – Prototype of a brand new product concept called the ORA-C, a wearable AR safety cap with computer, display, camera and sensors for professional applications. www.optinvent.com
- UK Launch – Available May 2017 – GLASS UP – UNO smart eyewear uses AR to give the wearer access to incoming e-mails, texts and social media update, so that the user can keep abreast on what is going on in the world. YouTube video here
- UK Launch – Navdy – Navdy is the world’s first Augmented Driving device for your car that lets you look forward while staying connected, using a system that allows users to communicate with gestures, voice and a bespoke dial on the steering wheel. https://www.navdy.com/product#features
- UK Launch – Advir – Advir is the only technology powering programmatic brand placements in VR and AR – its technology can be easily integrated with any VR content developer to index their available inventory – the ‘surfaces’ in the environment available to receive ads. www.advir.co
- New Product Demo – Kopin – Kopin will be demonstrating the Scott Sight firefighter’s helmet by Scott Safety: a revolutionary system that provides firefighters with hands-free access to thermal imaging data via a near-eye augmented display unit affixed on the inside of their safety mask. www.kopinsoftware.com
- DoubleMe – A chance to experience a world of blurring transformative technology boundaries & mixed up realities. www.doubleme.com
- MyndPlay – Fronted by former Apprentice candidate, Tre Azam, MyndPlay is behind the revolutionary VR-ready MyndBand EEG Brainwave headset and the MyndPlayer interactive mind controlled video platform which allows users to control, influence and interact with videogames, apps and movies using their mind and emotions. www.myndplay.com https://youtu.be/GqE_ArzO9TA
“AR and VR have dominated the tech headlines for the last few years but, now the hardware is out and the hype has plateaued – what next for the industry? Well, I’ll tell you what’s next – amazing applications across business, entertainment and leisure, as well as the fascinating blurring between AR and VR that is mixed reality and all the opportunities that holds for us,” commented Wearable Technology Show COO John Weir.
The fourth Wearable Technology Show takes place 7-8 March at ExCeL and is co-located with the AR, VR & MXR Show, IOT Connect and the brand new Digital Health Technology Show, making it Europe’s biggest event for wearables, AR & VR, IOT and connected technology.
With over 6,000 visitors in its sights and over 200 speakers across two days, experts in the many sectors across healthcare, performance sports, smart textiles, smart homes, disruption and the internet of things will share insight into new products and the future of how we incorporate wearable technologies.
Registration is open now at http://www.wearabletechnologyshow.net/home
Sean Earley is the podcast host and Executive Editor of AR/VR Magazine, Modern Musician Magazine & co-founder of RobotSpaceship Podcast Network. He is the Director of New Biz Development, PR and Publishing at KEMWEB, a musician, producer & consultant. He loves guitars, VR and coffee.