The UK and Inda based business research and intelligence company GrowthEnabler has just released a new 2016 AR & VR Market Pulse Report for the UK. The report has a lot of useful information about upcoming disruptive and innovative UK based AR/VR products and businesses as well as the industry as a whole.
Here are some key points of interest:
- The AR/VR market from 2016 to 2022 places a large projected CAGR forcast for AR to dominate VR. This is info that we somewhat anticipated, but the margin is huge.
- The report states that the AR market will reach $117.4 billion CAGR while VR will reach only a $39 Billion CAGR.
- Hardware will lead at 53% while software will take 43%.
- There are currently about 800+ companies in AR/VR segment around the world with 150+ based out of the UK. This seems like a relatively low number in comparison to the amount of investment flowing in.
- Not surprisingly, AR/VR funding has grown by 85% in 2016 in comparison to 2015.
The report is free and can be downloaded via their website at: http://www.growthenabler.com/download-tools
Take a look and let us know your thoughts.
GrowthEnabler is a UK and inda based company that provides easy-to-use Innovation Research, Growth Intelligence, Tools & Templates for businesses, entrepreneurs and startups.
Sean Earley is the Executive Editor of AR/VR Magazine & co-founder of RobotSpaceship Podcast Network. He is the Director of New Biz Development and Publishing at KEMWEB, a musician, producer & consultant. He loves guitars, VR and coffee.