Insta360, a leading manufacturer of 360-degree cameras, and winner of the CES 2017 Innovation Honoree award for the Insta360 Nano, recently announced the launch of its new Insta360 Pro professional VR 3D camera at CES 2017.
The standalone camera raises the bar for affordable & professional VR imaging with 8K resolution, 3D image and video capturing, and immersive livestreaming capabilities.
Advanced VR Imaging for Professionals
Insta360 Pro offers a powerful VR imaging system for pro photographers and video producers as well as non-professionals who want a high quality camera solution for their 360 projects.
Insta360 Pro captures up to 8K 360-degree videos and leverages 6 independent, high-definition lenses. It captures 60-megapixel 360-degree 3D stills and supports both HDR and RAW formats to bring out levels of detail and low-light performance unprecedented in a 360-degree camera of this size. When recording 4K video, the camera supports up to 100fps.
In addition, the VR time-lapse mode adds a new dimension to videos and the live preview function allows users to get the best angle before shooting.
High Performance Real-Time Image Stitching
Insta360’s real-time image stitching technology allows 360-degree video in up to 4K and offers both H.264 and H.265 video compression, which substantially improves video quality at the same bit rate. Higher definition image files can be easily auto-stitched with Insta360 Studio.
Insta360 Pro can easily live-stream 4K video to any 360-degree live streaming platform and gives creatives an easy way to share their work. As a standalone camera, it can be used with both the dedicated Insta360 Pro iOS and Android apps and connects via WiFi, Ethernet or 4G, ready to livestream any event or share instantly on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter.
“Insta360’s most advanced technology comes together in the Insta360 Pro, the most powerful, all-in-one VR and 3D content capturing platform that empowers you to create the unforgettable. Never before has such power been put into an easy-to-use, compact system that enables users to share their VR content live with international audiences.” said Liu Jingkang, Insta360 CEO and founder.
- Sharing – Immediate share on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, WhatsApp, Messenger and WeChat
- Livestreaming – Up to 3840*3840 (4K) at 25fps H264 video coding and 3840*1920 (4K) at 30fps H265/H264 video coding. On any 360° platform which includes Facebook, YouTube, and Insta360 server via link
- Image Stitching – Real-time stitching
- Warranty – One year for camera, one month for accessories, special terms applied to certain regions with specific local regulations
- Apps – Insta360 Pro iOS apps; Windows & Mac
- Camera – 6 F2.4 fisheye lenses
- Shutter Speed – Adjustable
- Photo Capture Resolution – Up to 360 3D 60 Megapixel 7680*7680 (8K)
Video Capture Resolution
- Real-time stitching: 360 video 3840*1920 (4K) at 30fps H265/264 video coding. 360 3D video 3840*3840 (4K) at 25fps H264 video coding
- 360 video 7680*3840 at 30fps (8K)
- 360 video 3840*1920 at 100fps (4K)
- 360 3D video 6400*6400 at 30fps (6K)
- Dimensions [Metric] 143mm
- Weight 1228g
- Microphone – External
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi/Ethernet/4G
- Physical connector – OTG/USB3.0/USB-C
- Cable connector – HDMI 2.0
- Storage – External USB3.0 hard drive/SD c
- Battery – Removable
Price and Availability
We had a chance to check out the new camera while at CES 2017, and we were very impressed. Small, slick looking and very affordable, especially for those of you who have experienced the sticker shock of the Nokia OZO, the Insta360 Pro might be just the solution.
Established in 2014, Shenzhen Arashi Vision Co. Ltd is a consumer technology company committed to creating the world’s most advanced and affordable 360-degree cameras.
Sean Earley is the Executive Editor of AR/VR Magazine & co-founder of RobotSpaceship Podcast Network. He is the Director of New Biz Development and Publishing at KEMWEB, a musician, producer & consultant. He loves guitars, VR and coffee.