Milan, Italy – 2/21/2022 – Invrsion, an award-winning and globally recognized leader in 3D digitization and retail simulation for the CPG, fashion, consumer electronics, and retail industries has been building infrastructure and content for the Metaverse since 2015.
Metaverse, as a concept, has taken center stage when it comes to business planning for 2022. Whether at major conferences like CES or NRF’s Big Show or in the boardrooms (virtual & physical) of top Fortune 500 companies, the topics of NFTs, immersive crypto-worlds like Decentraland and The Sandbox, 3D Digital Twins, and what the overall strategy for an AR/VR brand presence and further reinvention of business process is underway.
Over the past decade, Invrsion CEO has been working with brands Matteo Esposito in Europe and the US, such as Nestle, Ferrero, Mondelez, Pepsico, Esselunga, Auchan and many others to increase their understanding of consumers in retail, optimize in-store ROI, and level up their sales marketing through the use of 3D digital twins (hyper-realistic digital replicas of physical products) and a multi-award winning VR-ready simulation SaaS platform, Shelfzone™.
“2022 is a critical year for companies in their digital transformation journey. The decisions they make today, both in terms of strategy and investment, will help shape the Metaverse versions of their organizations for the next decade; both in terms of their operations and consumer-facing experiences. It’s never been more critical to truly understand best practices and analyze past mistakes with experts who have practical experience in the foundational technologies of the Metaverse,” says Esposito.
Esposito gladly and enthusiastically shares some best practices for companies who are grappling with how to approach and build a Metaverse strategy.
- Focus on the Fundamentals: The common denominators of the Metaverse are its immersive nature and potential for interoperability. Consumers and businesses have upgraded their bandwidth to the point where 2D photos and environments, especially when it comes to e-Commerce, are twilighting in favor of 3D renders or as they are known in the trade “digital twins”. These digital twins look entirely realistic when created by highly trained and experienced professionals like those at Invrsion. Digital twins allow consumers to view products in a much more complete way, giving them the same ability to shop a product, pick it up, turn it over, peer inside and get a full view of that product versus the partial views that 2D photos facilitate. Data already shows tremendous benefits with companies like e-Commerce platform Shopify touting upwards of 90% increases in conversion and The Khronos Group pointing to research that shows a 35% decrease in costly returns as consumers who get a full view of their purchase are less likely to have buyer’s regret.
- Stick to the Standard: Standards reduce friction and allow industries to grow more quickly. With a common 3D Commerce standard released in 2021 by the Khronos Group, an organization comprised of top tech companies (Google, Microsoft, Apple, Nvidia, Intel, Samsung, Meta, Unity, Unreal, Invrsion and more), along with top retailers (Amazon, Ikea, Target, Lowe’s, Wayfair, Adidas, and more), the moment is set for eCommerce to take that first step towards Metaverse and go 3D.
- Experience Matters: Creating commercial – grade 3D images is incredibly difficult. It requires a true expert-level understanding of mesh, polygons, and digital artistry. In addition, you need expertise in fabrics, physics and compression and be up-to-speed on standards and copyright laws. Then you need experts in scaling and producing 3D images and simulated environments en masse in a reasonable time – frame.
At Invrsion we have been working for years to solve the problem of industrial scalability, patenting specific methodologies that allow companies to equip themselves with a scalable production pipeline for the digitization of their products in standard 3D format Commerce Invrsion’s innovation consists of four pillars:
a. automation of photo capture and clipping processes;
b. pre-production of the 3D asset through artificial intelligence algorithms;
c. automatic management of modeling outsourcing processes;
d. automatic quality control
Beware the hype of the “cool” new Metaverse company, and ensure that there is substance and experience behind it or risk making major missteps.
- Experience the technology. How many people who are now formulating Metaverse strategies have a crypto wallet? How many have purchased or traded an NFT? How many have ever put on a VR or AR headset and, if they have, how many have done so and engaged in social worlds within VR? There are great and growing opportunities, but you’re not going to get it until you try it. If you are planning a major pivot for your business into the Metaverse, you need to personally experience it.
- Mobilize a diverse, cross-functional team: Every aspect of your business has the potential to be positively transformed by the Metaverse. Be inclusive and think broadly when putting your core team together. Representation from HR, MarCom, R&D, Data, Product Management, Distribution, and more should have a voice. It is the future of your business. As much as the Internet has broken down global barriers, the Metaverse does it to an entirely new level. Unlike Zoom, virtual reality bends geographies bringing a sense of presence much closer than non-immersive experiences. Consumers will shop in VR stores halfway around the world as if it were in their hometown. Make sure your Metaverse strategy team has global representation. Invrsion CEO Matteo Esposito is available for interviews and speaking engagements. To ensure that your organization is 3D Commerce and Metaverse ready, please reach out to Katharina Pesch at K.Pesch@invrsion.com.
For additional information, please visit Invrsion’s website at www.invrsion.com.
Invrsion, named an IDC Innovator 2021, is the premier global, high quality, hyper-realistic producer of 3D digital twins and true-to-life retail and fashion showroom multi-user simulations. Invrsion products are VR/AR ready, but are also viewable on desktop and mobile devices. Invrsion is helping retailers, CPG companies and Fashion Brands, such as Nestle, Ferrero, Pepsico, Mondelez, Rana, Diesel, Giant Foods, Auchan, Esselunga and more to build strong foundations for the Metaverse era; while providing them with SaaS platforms and customer insights to drive immediate ROI.
In addition to our website at www.invrsion.com, please join our social communities:
- Twitter: @invrsion
- LinkedIn: Linkedin.com/Company/Invrsion
Sean Earley is the Executive Editor of AR/VR Magazine & co-founder of RobotSpaceship Podcast Network. He is the Director of New Biz Development and Publishing at KEMWEB, a musician, producer & consultant. He loves guitars, VR and coffee.