Lucidcam, which claims to be “The World’s First Consumer 3D Camera for VR” has just launched it’s Indigogo funding campaign with a goal of $100k.
The camera features two lenses that film in 180 degree stereoscopic HD video. With one button for filming, the camera can easily fit into your pocket or attach to a head mounted display.
According to the website:
- The video works via a free app called LucidApp for iOS and Android, as well as for Oculus DK2.
- You can combine multiple LucidCams together to get full 360° image and video capture.
- The battery can last 1-1.5hrs of recording.
- Live streaming with HDMI output, records in mp4, full HD at 30 FPS, 180p per eye, 2k per 2 eyes.
- Sharing immersive content is as easy as sending a link. Anyone with the Lucid app and a Google Cardboard will be able to view your pictures and video seamlessly.
Supporters can get a camera by pitching in $299, which they state is 50% off the full price. The campaign has been live for 4 hours and they have already reached 7% funding.
Definitely a cool product to keep an eye on and I have a pretty good feeling that they will reach their goal.
Sean Earley is the Executive Editor of AR/VR Magazine & co-founder of RobotSpaceship Podcast Network. He is the Director of New Biz Development and Publishing at KEMWEB, a musician, producer & consultant. He loves guitars, VR and coffee.