The DETU Twin dual lens 360° camera, previewed at CES 2017, is now available to buy from Amazon and DETU’s online store. The high definition slimline camera is ultra lightweight and easy to use. 360° videos and photos can be uploaded straight to Facebook, Twitter and YouTube, while livestreaming is simple to set up on Facebook and YouTube.
In stylish black with yellow trim, smaller than an average smartphone and weighing a mere 98 grams, the DETU Twin is easy to pop into vacation hand luggage, or a back pocket for a day trip or summer festival.
DETU Twin shoots 360 x 360 in horizontal and vertical view. Configured with dual back to back optical F2.0 fisheye lens, the Twin produces 360° video resolution of 3040×1520 at 30fps in MP4 format any time, any where.
Choose a view
Choose between the four different modes and get creative with content. Experiment with Fisheye, Tiny Planet (as if looking from outer space), VR or Source Mode to find a unique 360° VR style.
Use VR glasses or goggles to preview and reproduce footage through the DETU camera app or connect to a PC and DetuPlay, a panorama player app that shows all footage at the drag of a mouse, and stitches panoramic photos and videos captured by the Twin.
- Real 360°: Optical configuration dual F2.0 fisheye lens. Instant auto 360° x 360° image stitching.
- Resolution: Video up to 3,040 x 1,520 (30fps) MP4. Photo eight megapixel JPEG.
- Live VR. 360° VR live streaming up to 3K video. Mass storage provided by DETU.
- Sharing: 360° picture on press to capture. Instant sharing to Facebook, Twitter and other 360° platforms.
- Modes: Share and save travel memories in Planet, VR, Fisheye, and 2:1 Source mode. Try each in real-time preview in the DETU app.
Qirui Sun, DETU CTO, says: “We wanted to create something for everyone, the DETU Twin is super stylish, easy to operate and syncs with both iOS and Android smartphones.”
- Weight – 98g
- Dimensions – 120x46x24mm
- Video coding – H264
- Video format – MP4
- Video resolution – 3040×1520 @ 30fps
- Photo resolution – 3040×1520 /2048×1024
- Date connectors – USB 2.0, Micro HDMI
- Power – 5W/2A
- Battery – 1200mA
- Working time – 1.5 hours
- Wireless – 802.11a / b / G / n Wi-Fi
- Storage – Micro SD (Up to 64GB supported)
DETU was founded in Hangzhou, China, in 2014. Its products include the F4 4-lens commercial 360 camera, the Twin dual lens 360 camera, DeStation professional 360 VR live machine, Sphere S portable VR panorama camera, and the Panorama monitoring security camera. DETU aims to become the world’s leading supplier of VR image products and services.
Learn more about DETU on their website at: http://www.detu.com/en
Buy a DETU Twin now on Amazon
Sean Earley is the Executive Editor of AR/VR Magazine & co-founder of RobotSpaceship Podcast Network. He is the Director of New Biz Development and Publishing at KEMWEB, a musician, producer & consultant. He loves guitars, VR and coffee.